CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

4 More Days.....

My dad and I made a pact that we would both give up certain things that we ate/drank too much of. The purpose behind this was to try to lose some weight. Well I gave up desserts of course and he gave up all soft drinks/coffee. We started this on Memorial Day Weekend and our ending date is on July 4th which is four days away. All I can say about this is .....HALLELUJAH!!! I know that Memorial Day to July 4th doesn't seem like a long time but when you eat something everyday you don't realize how hard it is to not eat it until you give it up. I have never craved sweets so much! If you were to stop by my house on any given day I would probably have fresh baked cookies or brownies coming out of the oven. It's a comfort food for me. Well I am so close to the finish line I can taste the calories!!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm proud that you have stayed dedicated to your goal. Can't wait to see you in 4 more days...

Ruthie said...

Good for you. Did you lose any weight? That was a great committment - I'm sure it helped your Dad also.
Have a wonderful Julyl 4th! I can taste those cookies. Yum.
Hugs.

Katie said...

i'm so happy to see an aimee post! hope you have some yummy cookies waiting for you in 4 days! : )